.

        IMA

Nissei acquires controlling stake in Italy’s Negri Bossi - Updated

Nissei purchases controlling stake in Italy’s Negri Bossi

Japanese injection moulding machinery company Nissei Plastic Industrial is buying a controlling interest, ie 75% shareholding, in compatriot machine maker Negri Bossi, with the remaining 25% to be purchased in what it says will be "within a few years.” It is purchasing the stake from parent company Kingsbury Corp. The closing is expected in January 2020 and Kingsbury Corp. will maintain a minority stake in Negri Bossi.

Established in 1947 in Cologno Monzese (Milan), Negri Bossi offers a wide range of injection moulding machines, amongst which are ultra-large injection moulding machines and moulding systems. Negri Bossi has a particularly strong presence in Europe and a solid customer base in a wide range of industries. It also has a present in the US, Mexico and India. Negri Bossi has achieved revenues of more than EUR100 million over the last few years.

Nissei Plastic Industrial, listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, is engaged in the manufacture and sale of injection moulding machines, peripherical equipment, parts and dies. The company operates in three segments: Japan (active in purchase, manufacturing and sale of injection moulding machines and peripherical equipment), US (engaged in the sale of products) and Asia (with China and Thailand affiliates focused on manufacturing and sales).

By acquiring a stake in Negri Bossi, Nissei says it will be able to expand and strengthen its business domain in the injection moulding machine field. The combination of both the companies technology is “expected to expand each product portfolio and provide a comprehensive solution to a wider customer segment”.

Nissei says it will also utilise the R&D and sales capabilities of Negri Bossi to expand Nissei's strengths in small and medium electric machines.

Nissei also said that “it is difficult to predict sales after the acquisition, but we will closely examine the situation and formulate a plan for closing.”

“Negri Bossi is a well-established injection moulding machine manufacturer in Italy with more than 70 years of history, and this acquisition will enable respective business enhancement based on a reciprocally complementing relationship by geographical and product type perspective. Consolidated sales of the Nissei group will hit approximately 50 billion Japanese yen (EUR420 million). In addition to the integration of production, sales and service, we will be able to achieve further growth through global marketing with robot companies,” said Yoda, President and Representative Director of Nissei.

Craig Ward, General Manager of Negri Bossi, commented: “This new partnership will elevate us to the status as one of the top ten suppliers worldwide for the supply of plastic injection moulding machines. The strategic choice to purchase Negri Bossi was based on very strong potential synergies such as our strong geographical footprint in Europe and East coast of America compared to theirs of the Far east, Asia and west coast of America.”

In terms of products, Nissei has a history of direct lock machines whilst Negri Bossi is known for its toggle machines. Ward added, “We are able to offer high tonnage machines as Nissei’s currently only go to 1,300 tonnes, as well as offer vertical machines. We are, and will continue to, be Negri Bossi with our machines and our people as that is what our customers want. The only difference now is that we have a strong industrial partner behind us who understands our market and who can support us in order to better service our customers’ needs.”


(IMA)


Subscribe to Get the Latest Updates from IMA  Please click here



Copyright (c) 2019 www.injectionmouldingasia.com. All rights reserved.